Are you a difference maker?
Are you looking to become a difference maker in your organization? If so, you need to be ready to answer a few questions before we get started.
Who can I help at work today? Who can I get along with that I don’t normally get along with? How can I be an encourager? Has anybody made a positive difference in my life? Has anyone made a negative influence in my life – especially with their words?
If you can answer these questions honestly, then we are ready to get started. There are a ton of ways that you can easily make a difference within your organization. Believe it or not, making a difference in the lives of your coworkers and teammates is the easiest and fastest way to see success in any organization.
Here are a few ways you can be a difference maker at work:
- Put notes around the office to thank your coworkers for their help.
- Smile at others – it really does make a difference.
- Offer your coworkers a ride home, if they need one.
- Offer to cook dinner or drop off treats – as a gift or if a coworker is going through a hard time.
- Volunteer to babysit for them.
- Ask whether you can help them move.
- Give your coworkers a Christmas card.
- Let your coworkers know specifically how much they mean to the organization.
- Ask your coworkers if you can help with their daily tasks.
- Offer to buy lunch for a coworker.
- Be sure to recognize and reward hard work.
If you are looking for more ideas, ask yourself, “What kind of sacrifice can I make for my coworkers to make a difference?” It’s important to understand that when people become frustrated, they are more likely to give up and look for a new job. Employees and coworkers often times do not realize the true value they bring to the company.
Don’t miss an opportunity to show your coworkers what they truly mean to you and the organization. When you take the time to recognize the talent and strengths of your coworkers, you build trust and positive workplace relationships. You’ll also boost your coworkers’ confidence, empowering them to shine brighter than ever before.
Do you need more help becoming a Difference Maker in your organization? I’m the trusted business advisor, executive coach, career guide, and leadership consultant you’ve been looking for. I’m here to listen to you and help find solutions for your frustrations. Please contact me today at 858-692-0438 to learn how I can help you!